I made it back down to Calgary okay, the traffic was light because we left right after physio. I'm going to be in town till Monday night, that should be enough time to see people, get a few nights sleep in my own bed, sit on furniture not designed for a baboon. Really there no place is the apartment to sit or rest that feels comfortable, all the chairs are too low, or too small. The bed is excellent though, even if it doesn't help me sleep. That makes stuff all the sweeter when you get home and all the TV stations are back on the right channels, there is ample counter space to prepare your lunch, and you can blame the random things on a golden retriever who can't say anything in her own defense(ahh Sidny, how many times have you covered for me).
Physio this week was rather hard all around. I think the first two weeks caught up with me, and I have just been sore and very tired since Monday. I should be back up and running by Tuesday if i taken it easy for the next three days. I want to start increasing the weight I am using, but I had to hold back this week because of how I was feeling. I trust that the people there know what they are doing and that they wouldn't have just waste my effort and go through the motions with no benefit. I just think That I should be farther along, or more that I want to be farther along.
I am only part way through the program, so I do understand that results are not going to be apparent yet. And they may not be apparent even after six weeks. The main point of this program is to prepare me for the surgery, AND so that after I'm done boot camp I can keep up what I have learned back here in Calgary while I wait for delicious organs. But...I feel less confident going into the surgery because I am so out of shape. If I could see something definite (like weight lose, visible toning, a larger increase the weights), this would be off set significantly. So the only solution is to keep at it and not slack, keep it low key this weekend and hit back hard on Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment