Whats long and hard on Peter? Second grade...and the morning workout. My physio guy added in two new stations for me today(both arms, which had be somewhat lacking before), putting me up to ten total. With me doing 3 sets of 10, 20-25 minutes of cardio, and stretching I am fairly tired by the end of it. The whole thing takes me about an hour and half to do, depending on how busy the gym is. I'm going to start increasing the cardio part on daily bases now, either by the amount of time, speed or grade. That is an easy way to make gains, just 15 more seconds everyday, or just 0.2 more on speed. I have increased the weight on some of the stations, but like I said in a few post back, I would like to see them all farther along from where they are now. I have however noticed some improvements body wise. Calves and arms are toning up a little more, a little less jiggle then before, so I'm happy about that.
The classes this week were light, stuff I'm old hat with, but I go to anyway cause I want my gold star for attendance. Emotional/spiritual well being and Nutrition: hand holding, crying, and the four food groups...anyone else flash back to kindergarten. Much of the Nutrition stuff seem rather obvious, I can't think of anyone out there who hasn't heard "eat more vegetables" or "reduce your salt, and don't eat junk food", but they say they are out there. I was good to hear about body mass index and that stuff, and everything in general is good review so I can say for certain that I am doing it correctly. Emotional well being....meh. Everyone who knows me will tell you that I am 100% emotionally and spiritually fulfilled at every waking moment of everyday, for all time. But again I go because it is on my list of things to do. None of the patients wanted to go, and two out of five didn't, so things went quickly. I like knowing that the resource is there if I want it, and that the group of people I'm with feel the same way about touchy feely stuff as I do.
The rest of week is just physio, so I'm going to leave for Calgary right after my workout on Friday. Got a few things going on, but if you want to hangout or see me, you know to get in contact with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment