I think that every guy wants to be in a action movie. Now I'm sure that there are some exceptions: the unimaginative, the cowardly, those already living a life that is unbelievably dangerous. But I like to pass the time waiting for the bus, in lines, waiting rooms, or any other decent day dream local thinking about how I could possibly face a group of armed terrorists at this exact moment. Or maybe its more along the lines of "If I floored it right now I bet I could take out that armored car and use the money I stole to buy machine guns". Or just looking at the landscaping or furniture arrangement of a building to plan the best escape route should a bomb suddenly start to count down to zero.
So it should not be surprising that I think of my medical treatment that way sometimes. "Oh good here is my next IV...of super soldier formula, MWAHAHAHA". Medical implants, yes I have several. There are the hips(with robo cop style holster), the eye implant(for more accurate targeting), and the internal IV port(for when I need a fast hit of nano bots).
Yes my sad little brain has me in a league of awesome well above the average moral. I do have a very well defined line between what is reality and what is fiction/illusion, and I have a very good idea of what personal limitations are as well ass how NOT to limited by them. But This is an easy way to give my life a hot and spicy injection of fun, so i roll with it when ever I can
Which is why my lung transplant is getting a better, official Un-Official, name. It is now being called: Operation North Sea Storm!
I know ya'll are just thinking "Jee wizz Pete, how did you come up with such a corker of a name?" well shut your noise hole and I'll tell you! I have to travel NORTH to go to Edmonton to do boot camp and the eventual surgery. I wanted to have a word in there like breath or wind, but those all sound stupid and weak, so we go with STORM. Also I needed to bring in vikings somehow(cause they rock my socks), and storms on the North Sea are rather famous for being badass.
So if'n you ever see a facebook status up date or blog post that says "Operation North Sea Storm is a go" that means I'm going up to Edmonton for new lungs.
Finally, I don't care if its in bad taste, I'll continue to pretend to have Nam flashbacks every time the STARS helicopter lands across the street, its friggin funny.
To Victory!
No comments:
Post a Comment