Thursday, 15 September 2011

Week five: continued ass kicking

Well week number five is wrapping up, and I am ready to come home. The program has been great, and the time has passed rather quickly, but I would like to be home for more than a weekend. To be able to not need to look up direction whenever I leave the house, to not have to web-conference for game night, to have access to larger social circle than my mom and the chatty clerk at the corner store. I'm not miserable, or incredibly discontent, I just feel that the time has been put in and I ready to move on. It would be better if that was moving on to new lungs, but I'll take my own bed for now. We did have a lovely dinner last night with the people who housed us for the first two weeks we were here, so nice to see them again. I may complain about having no friends up here, but I do in fact have several wonderful people to visit with and see during my stay,and they have all be super to me.
The classes this week were a little tougher mentally than any of the other ones. Where as the doctors have not been sugar coating the information and being straight forward, these speakers were straight up blunt. They scared the hell out some people by quoting the rather grim statistics. I, having heard all of these numbers back in May, was...just as scared, cause hey this is scary shit sometimes. THESE ARE THINGS I NEED TO HEAR. No matter what I have to be informed, and aware of whats ahead to me. To plan my way physical trough training, mentally by knowing whats coming at me, and spiritually by hedging my bets with all the applicable deities. Five years out, ten years out, maybe some of the people in that class room won't be there. But I know that ten years ago it was science fiction that I could instantly watch a movie on a 1/4 inch thick piece of plastic. In a few years medical science will advance and those number will improve.
As usual I'm in Calgary this weekend, then my dad will be coming back with me for the last week. I think I celebrate the last week by dressing a pirate on Monday/

No comments:

Post a Comment