Back in Eddy's town, I have to say the drives to and from have gone swimmingly thus far(knock on wood). Now I haven't been the one driving (my night vision is rather poor), so I maybe out to lunch completely on the last comment, but no speeding tickets so far.
The doctor today, and it was a new one I haven't met before, said everything is still looking good. No new tests to run, and he answered all my questions. Turns out that once we are done the boot camp I only have to come back up to Edmonton every three months or so, until I get the transplant that is.
This weekend was productive. I managed to get out have a good Saturday out with friends, had a birthday dinner for my mom with family, acquired a weight set/bench/squat rack used for a very good price, and did a blood test for the docs. The dinner was nice, and having the whole family together really adds a feeling of normality to my life. With the weights and the coming of a treadmill I won't have any problem keeping up the fitness routine that I have started up here when I return to Calgary. I doubt I will get Conan strong (everyone needs to go waste two hours of their life to see that movie btw, its awesome) but if I get my heart in better shape, and build up my legs more, I will feel much better about going into surgery. Oh also, funny story, if I need a blood test for vitamin D and E levels it is better to wait a week and do it in Calgary rather than Edmonton. Know why? The results will get to my doctor faster. Yeah, I'm unimpressed with some aspects of the health care system.
This week is slightly busier week, lots of classes, so I will need to make the most of my down time. Today I had a nap and watched netflixs, tomorrow we are going to tea. After that I might do some shopping (I need new socks), but I will have to play it by ear as the work outs still leave me feeling like a beaten dog till around lunch time.
No comments:
Post a Comment