Monday, 2 January 2012

A few updates more.

Well I am not here with news, more of a post Yule/Christmas summary. Both my Christmas and Yule celebrations went well, and the lungs didn't keep me from most of it. I have noticed however that I am quiet out of shape. Given that December tends to be a month long eating contest I am not shocked by this. I am however rather annoyed by how slow I have been to bounce back from a minor cold I had a few weeks ago. The stairs I use every day are still giving me trouble(it is taking me longer to catch my breath after going up them), and I am coughing more than I would like. I don't think it is a problem, just an annoyance. So I have been very diligent about getting on the bloody hamster wheel and walking. I have had to reduce the speed I am walking at, because it just takes too much out of me and I can't do the rest of the work out.

I know that the holiday weight gain would not be a problem if I could keep on a daily workout program. I am not concerned about being over the line for the ideal transplant weight/BMI, but I would have a much easier time of things if I didn't have to tow around 15 unneeded pounds of fat. That and I would feel much prettier. The baking and other holiday food is gone from the house now, so if I stick with my plan of renewed work out awesomeness it should all fall back into place in a month or so.

This week is a bit of a rest up before the medical whirlwind that next week promise to be. I go up to Edmonton Sunday night so that I can go see the transplant team up there Monday morning. Tuesday I have my re-scheduled surgery. Wednesday, relax and complain about potential penis soreness. Thursday IVIG appointment at BMT clinic. Friday see Calgary transplant doctors, and write a horribly bitter blog entry about how difficult my week was.   

No comments:

Post a Comment