The lack of news being put up lately is due to me not feeling like doing an update, not for lack of news. My surgery to get the polyp removed was cancelled. Apparently the urologist got drunk and put his hand through a sliding glass door. Which would explain why they called of a Friday surgery with a few days notice. I am sure it had nothing to do with someone wanting a long weekend. The whole thing is being put off for a month, and since there has been no bleeding since about Halloween I don't have much of an issue with that.
Saw the doctor this week, everything still status quo. One of the people I went to boot camp with got a new set of lungs. I have mixed feelings about this. This man deserved a set of lungs, he had a little girl and wife, and an obvious lust for life. He is young and will do what he has to to make sure he gets a long and full life. It is awesome and great, but I still feel shitty. We are not the same blood type, so we weren't competing for the same parts, but I still feel passed over. I have the same feeling I might get if I was to hear all my friends talking about a party they were at on the weekend that I didn't receive an invitation too. It just bums me out waiting this long, the longer I wait the more chance for problems there are.
Prime example being that I am slipping big time with the work outs. Even with the whole being sick last month and having a minor cold this month my work outs have been way to few and far between. And I am starting to see the back slide, and it is spelled out in giant flaming letters. My weight is up(and I look it) and my endurance is down. Not to where it was before boot camp mind you, but it is lower than when I first got home in September. After going up the stairs it takes longer to recover than it did in the fall, and the muscle tone I had is not as apparent. There is only one way to fix this, and that is to go back to the five days a week, full body work out, every weekday, no exception. No more picking my days off. If I miss the workout in the morning for some reason than I have to do it at night. If I am really having an issue that day I still need to do the treadmill and the leg work out. That will address the weight issue(which I am only really concerned about because it will only go up with all the Christmas baking that is in the house right now)and will keep my lungs from deteriorating.
Other things in life are going well. Yule was great this year, I am all ready for Christmas, I have been getting out to see people a little more. Just waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment