Thursday, 26 January 2012

Baby Shots

As part of my lead up to lung transplant I have to get re-vaccinated. You see after you get a bone marrow transplant you get reset to square one in terms of immunity to virus and other infectious jive. So even if you had your measles shots as a baby or caught chicken pox in grade three you're sporting the immunity of a newborn again. So I had to go down to the community health center yesterday and get myself poked. And when I say poked I actually mean SIX BLOODY SHOTS! Yeah six, that means that they didn't have enough room on my arms to do them all and had to put the last one into my leg! The whole time I'm thinking 'well at least its the baby clinic and I have a delightful sponge bob band-aid coming to me', but no. No cartoon band-aid, no sucker for being brave and not crying, just a "be sure to book your follow up appointment when you leave". LIFE IS BULLCRAP.

I am rather tired today from not sleeping well, and the injection sites are sore, but this will hopefully not slow me down for more than a day. There isn't much happening medical wise for the next few weeks so its just stay the course with the exercise, and possibly burning a bag of dog poo outside the community health center for their ageist policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment