Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Out of the clink, AGAIN

Guess I wasn't as better as I/they thought I was, because last Thursday night I was having some distress with my breathing and had to go back into the hospital in the middle of the night. Before anyone has a freakout I am doing much better now, using less O2 than I was last week and have been given a proper goings over by several doctors, stuff is fine.
Due to the fact that I was still dealing with that cold I caught my noes was stuffed up completely, that makes it hard to get oxygen through nasal prongs. After a few hours of stressing about this and working my self up into a near panic attack, making my impair ability to breath that much worse, I had my dad take me into the hospital. Next time you see him tell he is awesome because he can't hear that enough after pushing me around in a wheel chair at 3 am when he has to work the next day.
They started me on IV anti-biotics, increase my steroids, and did a whole wack of blood work. After Five days of that I am doing much better. My noes is no longer stuffed up making it easier to breath, I am fully over that cold and all its effects,  and a few of the tests I had booked for later in the month got done early.
 Not my favorite way to spend the weekend, but over all I think I'm doing better than i was a week ago. Bad news is that this little scare has forced me to get a little more serious about preventative measures that I have to take to keep from getting sick again(because if I do they will ship my ass to Edmounton early and the bleak, friendless, grey-scape which is E-town sucks). So I will no longer be going to see Slayer/Rob Zombie at the end of the month. The crowds, the smoke(stage effects and weed), and the walking are a risk that I feel is okay, But the transplant doc does not, and he needs to know that my commitment to this is 100%. There will be other shows, and my friends that are going will tell me how it went. Now i just need to see if i can sell my ticket in time, Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, Peter. Two people from our area had lung transplants in Seattle (U of W)They are doing well. It is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete