Saturday, 23 July 2011

Bad Day

Yesterday was a little rougher than it could have been. A perfect storm of my own creation: I was worried about the number of new O2 tanks i had ordered (and that there wasn't enough for the week to come), I had been out and about everyday this week, and went to a movie on Friday. I SHOULD have changed out my large tank and taken a fresh one, rather than bringing one that was half full and a small take to change over to if needed. So I go see Captain America, and all I can through out the whole film is keep checking my tanks level. Add to this being hunched over in a theater chair for an hour and a half, and you get me having a panic attack because I don't think I can breath as well as I should.
So I leave the movie early, my fellow movie goer was very understanding about it all. I got home and felt better, had some dinner and lay on the couch. My chest still felt tight, so I got up and tried to loosen things up. Seemed to help a little but I begin to get worried and worked up again. I decided that at this point it was just best to take an Adivan. I don't like pills, but i would rather use a downer now and then to keep from having to go to the hospital for something that i can deal with at home.
I think one of the problems is that I get myself worked up and can't calm down. Its gotten to where my stomach is still tied up in knots from what happened yesterday. What I think would help is not having to talk about lung transplants every minute of the day. Have to deal with actual transplant or lung issues is fine. Seeing my doctor, doing tests, getting things in place for Edmonton is fine. I would just rather not have to talk about it if I can avoid it. It just makes me nervous and upset, to point where I lie in bed not sleeping because I'm shaking.
Wanna make me feel better? DON"T say I hope you feel better, tell me about your day, distract me, give me something else to maul over in my mind other than medical stuff. Medical stuff is downer at the best of times, and there is so much other more enjoyable things to talk about.
So at some point in the near future I need to go back and watch Captain America again, so no spoilers please.

No comments:

Post a Comment