Saw my lung doc today, and he wants to put me back on Cyclosporine(an anti-rejection drug) as a way to be able to drop my steroid dose faster. I'm not a fan of that drug. It gives you headaches, it smells nasty even in pill form, and it makes your back look like an indoor/outdoor rug. But it won't retard the healing process after the surgery, so it is the better choice.
On the up side I got to have tea with a friend this week, and she gave me a very delightful gift. I would never recommend anyone getting me jewelry as a gift, I'm very particular about what I will wear, and usual don't have occasion to either. But this was one of the times were it was dead on. It was a pendant of lungs, not some but line but the raw organ. Picture here . It is silver (one of the few metals I wear), has that industrial/fringe feel I love, and just fits the present situation perfectly. It was a big hit at the lung clinic today as well. Just shows that no one knows you like an old friend.
I just started to tear up - she's got some good taste!!
ReplyDelete