Sunday, 9 September 2012

Super awesome weekend of fun!

(note this post was written on Sept. 8th, and posted Sept 9th)

Well kinda. It is my mom's birthday this weekend so she is back in Calgary and my brother is staying up here with me. He and I hit up Whyte Ave and will probably go out for dinner at some place cool I haven't been to yet. The change of company is nice, next best thing to being home is bringing the best parts of home to you.

Health wise it is night and day compared to my last few postings. I am walking without the walker for a half hour at a time, on less medication, taking less Percoset, and doing upperbody exercises as part of my workout. Right now I am past the seven week mark, and my doctors are very happy with how I am doing. So it looks like I will be back in Calgary around the 20th of October. My breathing is good, and I am tolerating my medication. Its now just a balancing act of getting the dosage right on my anti-rejection drugs.

I am getting into countdown mode now.I have six weeks to go: that is six more weeks to use the gym/trainers at physio, six more weeks of dealing with loud people outside my apartment at night, and just six weeks to get to level where I can be independent enough to take care of my self during the day. I am going to look into the cost of a gym membership to somewhere, either the UofC or possibly one of the city rec centers near my house to keep up the work out. I have a treadmill and free weights at home, but would like to use some of the machines that they have at a proper facility for reasons of safety and variety.

I have the routine down now. I know what I have to do on what day of the week, and what days I have extra time. How to go through my workout so I can be out in an hour and a half. When to show or appointments and procedures so I am only waiting for a few minutes and not an hour or more. Because of this I have more time for myself, even on my busy days. I want to spend this extra time outside of the four boring walls of the loft doing something fun and different  This either means seeing a movie, going shopping, taking in a museum or art gallery. This plan will also help keep me from just flopping down and giving over my day to sleep and Netflixs. Once I am back in the real world I will have daily chores and errands to run, and can't use "but I'm tired from the workout " as an excuse not to getting things done. Have to always be moving toward that new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment