This the post explaining the medical issues that have been going on lately. As it stands now most of these have been cleared up and I am doing much better, so don't get too scared reading this.
The first Wednesday of June I woke up in fair bit of pain It was beyond the usual post work out pain I would get from having over done it the day before working out(I like to do sit ups till I fell like death is over taking me sometimes). I just lay in bed groaning till it got so bad I had to go throw up. The rest of the was spend floundering on the couch till I had to go throw up again. And I figured that since green mucus and bile were all I brought up it was time to go see the doctors.
An over night stay in the emergency room, a couple of scan, and some liberal application of painkillers(they gave out the stuff like candy down there) reveled that I had gal stones blocking my bile duke. I was scooped, snipped and had four stones removed. Other problems arose while this was going on. My anti-rejection meds spikes, going from the range of 7-10 to 20. My kidneys were overwhelmed by the toxins in my blood and were getting some fairly signification damage dealt to them. My gallbladder was still full of stones and infectious goo.
The treatment for this dialysis and eventually removing the gallbladder. My kidneys could not keep up the pace needed to filter out the bad stuff they needed to, so a hymo-vat line got inserted into my neck and I spent three hours getting my blood changed. Very sci-fi.
By week two of hospitalization my blood work was showing improvement, and I was allowed out on day pass(I also said if I didn't get out I would throw a chair through the window). Blood work, kidney function, medication levels are all continuing to improve but I'm still spending every night in lock up. My doctors want to make sure I'm in the best shape to present my case to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be done as an in-patient.
More to come later.
No comments:
Post a Comment