Thursday, 21 February 2013

An actual post

Okay I did promise a real post, and if you read through that last one you are a trooper.  The last month has been eventful with both medical and non-medical events. It is now seven months as of yesterday since the voodoo necromancy was preformed, and I have to say I'm feeling pretty damn good. Lungs have had no issues, I have avoided getting any colds, and I am keeping active(kinda).

On my last visit up to Edmonton I was cleared on resume light contact sports and activity. This is potential huge because it means that I could, very carefully, go back to Hap Ki Do. The doctor says my chest wall has healed fully by now, and that my risk of rib breakage is the same as most other people(possibly slightly higher due to the steroids). So as long as I take things slow and don't do any of the full contact aspects of the training I can finally get back to something that was a major part of my life for ten years.

Mt eye doctor finally gave me a prescription for glasses two weeks ago, and there is a very noticeable difference. It was very much like the new lungs, I got so used to living with how bad it was that it was shocking once it was fixed. I have a very strong lens in the left eye and a blank lens in the right. I have to wait a few months before we can set a date for surgery on the cataract in my right eye. On the advice of a friend I bit the bullet and got the nicer frames. The logic being that if they fit poorly and I don't like the look I am not going to wear them, so whats the point. My disability, combined with a rather well timed sale, brought the cost down by about half. It took a chunk out of my whores and cocaine budget but I have had nothing but positive feed back on how they look. With the exception of the nurses calling me a hipster today, which is SSOOOO not true it just the shirt/hat/glasses/sideburns combo I was rockin this morning.

In less awesome news I wrecked my car last month. It was a bad judgment call on my part while changing lanes. No one was hurt and no other vehicles were involved, but my Swedish tank found its panzerfaust in a steel meridian pole. I still rather pissed about the whole thing. The car was ion great working order, engine ran well, it was well take car of, the radio came in clear, and now its gone. I was lucky that a friend of my mothers was looking to sell an older car and offered it to me a very good price. So now I'm the proud owner of a '95 Ford explorer. It needs some work, and has a lot of km on it, but for what I paid if it lasts me till summer I did better than buying a bus pass. Having a car for me is rather important, what with all the doctors appointments, blood work, and other time sensitive activities I have. The flexibility and independence are worth the cost. Once I am back in class, and have to buy a bus pass anyway, I will just walk to the train. But for now 'the beast', as she is referred to. will be my chariot of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment