Thursday, 3 January 2013

December summary

I haven't posted in a while because posting isn't cool anymore, so if I want to be popular enough to have a shot with Mary-Jane Rottencrotch at the spring formal I have to post as little as possible. Nah I have just been lazy...and already had a piece of MJ's RC. For most of December I was on a very high dose of my anti-rejection drug Tacrolimus, which brought with it head aches, fatigue, and Peter being a generally unhappy camper. This wasn't straightened out until after Xmas and Yule, but before New Years eve. Which meant that I had a good time at one party, not great but not bad either. This was one of the things that I should expect to come up now and then. Until the medication level gets on a stable level and stays there, I'm going to run into issues with the level. Hopefully not as bad as it being three times as high as it should be, but lets looks forward not backward.

The doctors are softening on some of the rules they imposed at the very beginning. They don't get pissy about me going to the movies, or other social activities. And I was told that I can have a drink "every now and then". I am well aware that this terminology is not of a medical nature and leaves a lot of wiggle room for interpretation. As a responsible person I know that my health must come first and restraint is always preferred to regret. So I only did one long pull from the vodka bottle on NYE(still goes down really smooth, no burn at all, but orange juice still hurts, go fig). Like I have said before, doing things I used to do like drink at a party helps pull me back into the role of a person instead of the role of a patient.

Plans for the future: I dropped of the medical documentation that the Dean of the Arts faculty wanted from me. Hopefully it will get everything smoothed out for a re-start of school in the fall. Got me a new computer box! Twin monitors, DVD reader/burner, really fast insidie parts(I'm not a com sci major, fuck off|). So now my interneting, writing, and youtube watching isn't hampered by a computer that still has a floppy disk drive. I also plan on doing a 5K run at the end of April. I was talking to a friend of mine whom happens to be a police officer, and he mentioned he would be doing the 5K run/walk when the Police half-marathon happens. I, naturally, started talking trash, and challenged him to see who would have a better time. I'm confident that I will make short work of the ol' bugger, but I will be putting in the time in the gym to get up to fighting weight(or whatever it is that runners call it).

That all ya get for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment