Monday, 19 November 2012

Four months out

So today marks four months post-transplant for me. Not much to say other than that. I feel fine, haven't had much issue with medication  excepted for the sleeping pills. It varies from night to night, but if I don't take one I tend to lay awake for hours before falling asleep. But hey when you don't have to peel your butt of the Sealy till 10am you can stay up as late as you want.

I do feel like I am in a daze some times. The technical term is "Med-head", you aren't stoned but you're definitely slowed down a bit. I sometimes catch myself standing in a room for minutes at a time daydreaming, then coming to and not knowing why I had gone in there in the first place. If I get my act together early on and get some momentum going I will usually avoid wasting the day in front of the computer or napping. If I can say that I have accomplish one task in the day I don't feel like I have wasted it. Even if it is just sending out an email or doing a load of laundry, I have a to do list that keeps getting updated, so there is always a reason to get up a get moving in the morning.

My throat is much better, I can now eat stuff that I won't think of touching a few weeks ago. The doctors say my blood work and other tests are coming back good, and my daily breathing checks are stable. Weight still isn't coming back, I am hovering at 70 Kg and that doesn't seem to want to change. I picked up some protein powder last week and I'm putting that in everything. Don't know if that will make a difference, but I feel better about using that to gain weight rather than eating a bag of chips.

The novel is going poorly, thanks mostly to lack of focus brought on by meds and comics(web and dead tree). But its my first attempt beyond a short story, so I'm not expecting it to be my magnum opus. Its the process, the experimentation, the comparing it to my previous work, and the practice that I am getting from the whole thing that is the big reward.

Goals this week include: figuring out what I am doing for Yule this year, Christmas shopping, and making some appointments of a non-medical nature. Easy stuff...we'll see how much I get done, no rush really.

No comments:

Post a Comment