So the first week of tests has come and gone, and I have to say it was a shit kicking. I'm glad it was done the way it was, they got so much done that I maybe out by the middle of next week. But getting woken up a 6am and not having my feet hit the ground till 3 or 4 O'clock in the afternoon. So on the days I had to not eat for tests i could go for 14-16 hours without eating. So I may have lost about 3 kilos. Nothing to worry about, I had some to spare, but being hungry all day makes getting stuck with needles or someone screwing up that much harder to deal with.
Family and friends have been great for support, and my doctor has been good about letting me out in the evenings. But I do very much miss my own bed, my computer, and my routine.
Something I do want to clarify for everyone is that even though I am in a hospital and am having tons of tests run, and road in an ambulance(it was fun, EMTs are great people) I'm in no worse health than I was a few months ago. Yes my lung are trashed, but me getting worse is not what prompted this stay.
That is most likely why I have had a such a good attitude about this whole thing. It's not like the cancer where we were trying to play catch up and get in front of the disease. everything I am doing now is going to make me better. The recover from the transplant is going to put in a damn big hurt locker, but in the long run I am going have a quality of life i could only dream about now.
Thats all for now folks
I'm sorry you spent most of the week hungry but I'm glad at least that things are going well so far. :D
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to mention the fact that you survived despite the terrible support from your sister and brother. Between forgetting your wallet during transport to foothills and never bringing any pens to take notes during appointments, it's a wonder you made it! I’m not coming back to help unless you have more jelly beans.
ReplyDelete